This is about the saravana stores fire – today the news is “Owners of gutted building to be prosecuted for negligence” – informed by K R Shyam Sundar, Director Fire & Rescue operations. They arrested the manager and the supervisor.
Several questions comes to my mind – few here:
- Can we say there is no negligence from the fire & police department side?
- Is there any process for a regular check up for fire related licenses in complexes like these where you can expect crowd always – like a driving license check?
- Whether this building was built over night and operated on the day of fire?
- All other building in that area are fine with fire licenses and implemented fire proof or protection mechanism except this one?
- why arrest the poor manager and supervisor? they are just there for a monthly salary and even if they insist on fire prevention or protection mechanism, unless the owners ready to spend, how it can happen?
வாழ்க ஜனநாயகம் !